Eye Love Secrets
December 1, 2012 2 Comments
“My eyes are an ocean in which my dreams are reflected.”
~ Anna M. Uhlich
Today, A Blissful Skin’s fan reached out by seeking eye care advice, naturally, I researched and decided to write a post targeting eye puffiness and possible remedies. I would like to share a few products and tips with all of you, however, this is for you Emi Jade and thank you for being part of A Blissful Skin community =)
I’ve heard people say: “Beautiful eyes are the window to the soul”, but is true? If so, what makes eyes beautiful? Color? Shape? Contour??? What if you have hereditary dark circles and your color is magnificent, are you automatically disqualified from having beautiful eyes? What about puffiness in the under-eye area, or perhaps all around, due to weather, allergies, lack of sleep, and/or other reasons, are you not part of the “beautiful eyes club”?
My thoughts are, (please feel free to share yours in the comment area below), everyone has beautiful eyes! Taking care of our amazing skin protecting the eyes and surrounding areas is imperative, sometimes finding the right products can be a costly challenge, and if you have hypersensitive skin like myself, allergies never known to mankind will surface. I would like to share a few of my favorite products and secrets with you guys.
Please remember a professional skincare specialist will share any information she or he may have with friends, family, and whomever asks for it, free of charge of course!
Puffiness of the eyes may be caused by:
- Lack of sleep; to function properly we must let our mind and body rest, lack of sleep also speeds up the ageing process, and we don’t want that!
- Not drinking enough water; our organism needs plenty of water, please drink 6 – 8 glasses a day, it does the body good.
- Excessive sodium intake; if this is the case, drink plenty of water so you can flush your system.
- Allergies can be seasonal, contact allergens from household/personal care products, animals, filters, dust, etc.
- High blood pressure, certain medical conditions, side effects to prescription drugs. Please seek medical attention, it’s worth it!
- Stress; learning stress coping tactics is challenging, why not exercise, meditate, and center ourselves? It’s never too late to start.
- Genetic; sometimes skin conditions may be hereditary, seek advice from you primary care physician for helpful remedies.
P-H intensive zone
This may sound crazy, not right, unbelievable, yes …. Preparation H works! Why does it work? It shrinks blood vessels which may help with redness for a while, and contains 1% hydro-cortisone, an anti-inflammatory that might temporarily reduce puffiness. Many makeup artists use Preparation H by dabbing small amounts on the under eye area, helping their clients look awake, relaxed prior makeup application, it’s one of the many secrets of the beauty industry.
- Fast, cooling relief from painful burning and itching.
- Shrinks swollen tissue.
- Relieves external discomfort.
- Clear, non-greasy formula with no unpleasant scent.
- Please CLICK on the image below for ordering details $7.84
If you don’t believe Preparation H works, check out what Sandra Bullock says! http://shine.yahoo.com/photos/celebrities-weirdest-beauty-secrets-slideshow/
Cool Eye Treatment
Have you ever thought about adding an extra step to your weekly mask? Maybe your schedule is packed and you’re pressed on time, how about a 5 – 10 minute eye wrap treatment? I highly recommend this treatment, it works and feels great! Soothes tired eye area, may diminish puffiness under eyes, and may also benefit circulation. Just follow the steps below and enjoy!
- In a small glass of ice place Intensive Hydrating Mask by Aveda ($27.07) and H2O Plus Night Oasis Overnight Eye Complex ($31.00)
- Please CLICK on the image below for ordering details.
- Grab a small ice cube and begin gently massaging the face and eye area for approximately 2 minutes. This helps calm and sooth the skin.
- Apply a thick layer of Intensive Hydrating Mask around the eye area, then apply another thick layer of H2o Plus Night Oasis Eye Complex on eyelids and right below them.
- Now sit/lay down for the next 5 to 10 minutes and relax.
- Next, wash your face with cool/tepid water and gently pat dry.
- Lastly, apply your favorite moisturizer and eye cream.
My Top 3 Favorite Eye Products
Today I’ve shared with you a few techniques targeting eye puffiness. Life is too short,please remember you’re BEAUTIFUL no matter what, embrace your individuality and focus on your inner beauty, which will ALWAYS shine above all. If you have questions/concerns or just want to express your opinion, please leave your valuable feedback, together, let’s continue creating and growing A Blissful Skincare community.
Please CLICK on the image below for ordering details.
#1 Guinot Age Logic Yeux Intelligent Cell Renewal for Eye $69.90
#2 BABOR – Anti-Age Collagen Booster Fluid (7 Amp. x 2 ml) $55.00
The specific BABOR tripeptide activates collagen production. Improves and helps to preserve the skin’s elasticity. Small wrinkles are lifted from the inside and the skin appears smoother. A film of moisture over the skin supplies it with moisture all day long.
#3 DDF Erase Eye Gel $52.00
A humectant formulation with seven natural ingredients to target under eye circles. The humectant formula combined with daily massaging application reduces the appearance of dark circles and puffiness.
Thank You for reading, please remember to “Pass the Blog”!!!