Fighting germs organically?
Nature offers many antiseptics, we can benefit from them and heal common health problems with a little help . Every household should have tea tree oil and grapefruit seed extract handy, they are the most powerful natural disinfectants on earth.
Tea tree oil and grapefruit seed extract
Tea tree was discovered in Australia, there are tea trees in other parts of the world, but Australian trees are more concentrated in oils. Tea tree is considered very safe, like anything else, please use caution when using this product, never use full strength oil on infants, children or pets, always dilute it first, if eye contact occurs, rinse throughly with cold water, if accidental ingestion , do not induce vomiting, drink large amounts of water, and, if available, take activated charcoal tablets to absorb the oil within the stomach.
The seeds in grapefruit kill germs on contact, new to the health industry, holistic practitioners are beginning to use it as natural antibiotic and immune system booster, it may be used topically and/or internally. Again, use caution while using products containing grapefruit seed extract, long-term use may disrupt intestinal balance, try limiting intake to 4-6 weeks, please consult with your local holistic physician for optimal results.
- Are your muscles aching? Do the feel tired? Massage oils containing tea tree soothe and heal the body, and reenergize you, try it next time.
- Morning breath? Cleanse your mouth with tea tree or grapefruit seed extract, dilute a few drops of oil in 6 ounces of water, then rinse! This works great in treating gingivitis as well.
- Tea tree oil and grapefruit seed extract kill fungi on contact; nail fungus, athlete’s foot and jock itch can be treated with them by soaking affected area in water with either one of the antiseptics, then make sure the skin surface is dried well, wear socks, or clean underwear.
- Household surfaces, in a spray bottle dilute solution of tea tree oil or grapefruit seed extract, and spray the germs away! Safe to use on doors, telephones, counters, bathrooms, shower curtains, moldy walls, trash cans, humidifier, spray into air ducts and filters, and the air (instead of lysol).
- Chronic ear infections are the leading cause of antibiotics prescription in children, and myringonotomy (small incision of eardrum where excess fluid is drained, with insertion of tympanostomy tube, to keep the middle ear aerated for a prolonged period of time). Tea tree oil and grapefruit seed extract are proven ear infection warriors, by placing a few drops in each ear a few times a day, it will clear infection and heal the eardrum, however if you’re not comfortable diluting and preparing the drops for the child (completely understandable, considering you may be tired and lack time) check out this site, you can buy the drops already made www.imhotepinc.com/product1.html
- Acne can be helped, simply add a few drops of tea tree oil or grapefruit seed extract to shampoos, conditioners and face wash, for spot treatment apply full strength tea tree oil to blemishes 2 times a day, leave to dry.
100% Pure Tea Tree Essential Oil 1/2oz. Botanical name: Melaleuca alternifolia. Extraction process: Steam distillation. Country of Origin: Australia. Tea tree has a long history of traditional use. Australian aboriginals used tea tree leaves for healing skin cuts, burns, and infections by crushing the leaves and applying them to the affected area. Tea tree oil contains consituents called terpenoids, which have been found to have antiseptic and antifungal activity.
Thank you for reading and subscribing. “Pass the Blog”
© Anna L. and A Blissful Skin, 2010 – 2012. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Anna L. and A Blissful Skin with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.