These two words may be traumatic to someone who has never experienced acne before. However, simple home skin care regimen can help improve this temporary condition, without over drying your skin, and remember DON’T PICK!!!
1. Use a oil-free beta-hydroxy cleanser, and wash your face morning and night.
2. Exfoliate four or five nights a week with a beta-hydroxy lotion or cream or a gentle scrub. (If you chose a scrub, select one with round beads, soft consistency, nothing harsh nor harsh).
3. Use a mask once a week, follow the simple steps below, and make your own organic product! Home made products are not miracle workers, and will not clear up large breakouts, but can work quickly and effectively on small areas by keeping the problem under control.
4. Apply an oil-free moisturizer.
5. Use a non comedogenic sunblock, avoid products with pore-clogging ingredients.
Tea Tree Treatment
This magnificent Australian product is antiseptic, analgesic, and anti-inflammatory.
1 drop tea tree oil (you can find it almost anywhere, health food stores and some pharmacies)
1/2 cup milk or water
1. Mix the tea tree oil into the milk or water.
2. Swab on your face with cotton.
3. Rinse off after 5 to 10 minutes.
You may use a Q-tip to swab this mixture directly to pimples, as spot treatment.
Curds And Clay
Yogurt kills bacteria and helps soften the skin.
4 tablespoons clay
2 teaspoon plain yogurt
4 teaspoons water
2 drops tea tree or geranium oil
(you can boil fresh thyme in water and replace the water above with 4 teaspoon thyme water)
1. Mix the ingredients to form a paste
2. Apply to your face with a brush, or you may use your ring finger to apply gently.
3. Leave on for 15 minutes.
4. Rinse off with warm water and dab skin dry.
Get rid of blackheads, parsley is another good homeopathic remedy.
A hand full of parsley
1. Run the parsley through the blender.
2. Boil 1 cup of water and pour over herbs.
3. Mix water and herbs together and let it cool for 20 seconds.
4. Apply to the face and leave on for 5 minutes
5. Follow with an exfoliating mask or exfoliate your face with a scrub.