Coffee with Benefits?
Hi there! It’s been a few weeks since my last post, my apologies to all of you, I’ll be sure to update this site more often.
A BIG “Thank You” to each one of you! Your feedback has been overwhelming, either by commenting, visiting, or referring friends and family to this site, without you my readers, A Blissful Skin would not exist =) I appreciate all of you sooooo much!!!!
Let’s get back on topic here! Coffee, yes, good old coffee! I can’t live without it, I must have my morning cup, and my favorite one is Starbucks of course! Budgeting is my daily routine, a trip to my local Starbucks is not part of it, so how do I manage? Simple, I buy the pre-measured packets, my favorite flavor? Mocha of course! =)
With a busy work, travel, and family schedule, making a trip to my local grocery stores is a nuisance …. I love online shopping, this is why I write blogs about products I use and believe in, making them accessible for you and me! Please remember to CLICK on the product images for ordering details.
Now that I’ve shared my favorite coffee with you, let’s carry on to the health, skin, and cardiovascular benefits of this amazing, natural source!
1. Mood Therapy
Are you feeling down? Depressed? Need a Uplifting Mood alternative? Have a cup of coffee! Studies across the globe show that coffee contains a compound called trigonelline which promotes neurite outgrowth in neurons, meaning this is a very beneficial compound which helps and rescues damaged neuronal networks, giving coffee the power to positively improve brain health, by uplifting your mood! Let’s brew a delicious cup now!
2. Blood Circulation
Coffee bean facials and body scrubs??? What and why? The answer is simple, coffee beans exfoliate the skin by increasing circulation to the cardiovascular system, and it doesn’t stop there, caffeine also firms and reduces the appearance of cellulite! If you ask me, it’s a win-win for anti-aging and body treatments! Let’s make it a coffee-spa-day!
3. At Home Skin Treatment
We all need some skin texture enhancement tips, well, coffee is another remedy with long-lasting results. Products containing caffeine may also have an effect on wrinkles because it constricts the blood vessels, you may begin to notice a reduction of fine lines and wrinkles and a tauter overall appearance, why not make your very own mask? See below and enjoy! =)
Home-Mask / Body-Scrub:
- 5 Tbsp. finely ground espresso or coffee beans
- 5 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 9 Tbsp. plain yogurt, soy almond milk. Use less dairy if you like a thicker paste. Substitutions are allowed: Try an egg instead of dairy if you are an egg mask lover, or substitute oils, such as olive oil, extra virgin coconut oil or almond oil if you have dehydrated skin. If you choose oils, using oils, half the amount or it will be too runny.
- 3 Tbsp. honey (for dry-dehydrated skin), or lemon juice (for combination, oily, and problematic skin)
- Apply the freshly made product to your clean face and neck, (you may apply it all of the body as well, just double the dosage)
- Leave on for 10 – 15 minutes
- Wet a small towel and gently apply to your face in order to soften and loosen the mask, then rinse with warm water.
- Additional uncontaminated product can be covered and stored in the refrigerator for several days.